Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Timing Belt anguish 2001 classic - happy ending

Timing Belt anguish 2001 classic - happy ending 3 years 2 months ago #82482

• pmcu3
  • Thank you received: 3
Concern was growing regarding the timing belt on My 2001 Classic. The car is over 15 years old, getting close to 100,000ks and goes great, no oil leaks (cracked dash, horn relocated on dash and rear shocks only probs thus far) but with this model if the timing belt breaks while driving it's goodbye valves.
I was having trouble finding a mechanic to attempt it and was hearing horror stories about cost blow outs and unforseen problems in doing the job, the YouTube videos on replacing the belt depressed Me further. Through this site (and Ray Joyce) I contacted A & J Automotive at Blacktown (quite a trek from Narrabeen but I love My cruiser) and spoke to Avi - instant confidence, He knew the job very well, I booked it in.
The job took a few days, They did major work in there, Avi showed Me the parts They replaced - the timing belt was not so bad, the water pump was a different story OMG! (real caught in the nick of time stuff). All done (pulleys too) total cost $1500 with a minor service, car is like new - I'm stoked.
Big Thank You to All here, Ray Joyce and A & J Automotive - Avi said My cruiser is good for another 100,000ks - hallelujah
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by pmcu3. Reason: fix duplicated text
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: White Cruisn, GangsterGiz, i2s2bme

Timing Belt anguish 2001 classic - happy ending 3 years 2 months ago #82483

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Many thanks for taking the time in poping on to share and express your satisfaction with the A&J Automotive repairers.
It goes along way with helping others if a good result is forwarded. I'm sure our Club President will pass on your compliments to these guys at A&J Automotive (whom he knows).
Many thanks for your emails as well Garry.
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by White Cruisn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: i2s2bme

Timing Belt anguish 2001 classic - happy ending 3 years 2 months ago #82490

• GangsterGiz
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Great to hear!
Yes, I now use A&J... They are great guys and do a great job!
Thankfully for me they're only 5mins up the road haha ;) and I can grab the bus home
Dean & Mitch
MY07 2008 Limited 2.4 Cabrio Red (purchased 2016)

[MY07 2008 Touring GT 2.4 Black (purchased 2015-traded 2016)]
[MY04 2004 Limited 2.0 Black (purchased New 2004-sold 2015)]
02.jpg04.jpg01.jpg03.jpg11.jpg10.jpg05.jpg07.jpg06.jpg09.jpg