Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Red light on dash

Red light on dash 3 years 3 months ago #82592

• Pyre
It's the immobilizer light on solid. Shut engine off while driving. Is there a bypass or reset so it can be started to get it to mechanic to check why it faulted? There is an electrical fault somewhere I guess.
Trying to lessen the cost, as tow-truck $100+. Scanner check at dealer $148 for 15 minutes work!. They will restart car but not fix anything. Or leave it with them and wait for the bill! haha!
Can't seem to find anything on-line that works. Tried removing IOD fuse 30secs and replace, battery disconnected for an hour, battery connected key on for an hour, disconnect battery turn key on reconnect battery. Nothing.
Wednesday evening it started to run rough, misfiring, showed engine light, codes p0300, p2302. - random miss fire, possibly plugs, leads, coil. So first thing in morning went and bought plugs, changed plugs, disconnected battery to clear codes. Checked ohms between the coils 3 pin plug and pcm pins 9 & 10. Tested ok. Restarted, ran a little better, but still misfiring. No engine light. Let it run for 3 minutes.
Moved car from across street most of way up driveway to have a look at other stuff and complete cut out.
Turned ign back on, engine light turns off as normal, no codes. Red dot on for 3 sec, off then on solid not flashing. Everything else works as normal. Lights, windows, wipers, horn etc. mmm.....
Any help appreciated.
04' 2ltr manual 173,000kms. Major service was done at 135k.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Red light on dash 3 years 3 months ago #82593

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 48
To do a computer reset-
Remove negative & positive battery leads from the battery, then join the leads together (but ONLY the leads, without touching the battery)
together for 2 minutes. Then reconnect the leads to the battery.
This will reset the computer to factory zero, and then see what happens.
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Red light on dash 3 years 3 months ago #82594

• Pyre
Hi, didn't do anything. Did not rectify issue. Thanks anyway.

Red light on dash 3 years 3 months ago #82616

• Pyre
Sooo.... had tow truck take to dealer in Ferntree Gully this morning, receptionist rang late this afternoon said "it wont connect to their scanner! Maybe it's too old?" What? hahaha... Oh dear. "They are going to do manual checks tomorrow." but didn't know anything else. Will ring their mechanic in the morning I think. Does anyone know what scanner should read it? Obd2 came into effect in 1996 so would presume a 2004 would be in the obd2 scanner system? Anyone else had mid 2000s pt scanned at dealer or mechanic and can confirm what was used?

Red light on dash 3 years 3 months ago #82620

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 48
PTs pre 2005 don't necessarily need a scanner,
turn the ignition key from OFF to ON (without starting the engine),
then back to OFF, to ON, back to OFF, to ON again and leave it there at ON.
Your odometer will now show any stored fault codes, and then show DONE.
If there's too many to write down all at once, do the "key dance" again.

However sounds like you have an immobiliser problem, which may not show up.
I'm not certain, but I think this then becomes major computer control module dramas.
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Red light on dash 3 years 3 months ago #82636

• Pyre
Yes the key dance. I had done that as you can read in my first post.
And yes it looks like pcm issue. Chrysler dealer rang today. None available in AU new, back order from US no idea how long til one got here. So stuff that. There must be another way.
  • Page:

Latest Forum Activity

• No posts to display.
11.jpg09.jpg05.jpg02.jpg07.jpg01.jpg06.jpg04.jpg10.jpg03.jpg