Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ignition blackout

ignition blackout 3 years 1 month ago #82643

2006 Inferno Red Cabriolet 2.4L, without warning the ignition cuts out while i am driving, all lights on dash turn off, the car just stops running, but if it has sufficient momentum it will switch on again, will also restart if i turn the key.

its dangerous, disconcerting in traffic/or on highway although better now that i know to just turn the key.

Early on, before i had observed as much as i have now a good auto electrician fitted a stronger earthing cable from batttery but of course the car didn't misbehave when he had it running. Unfortunately it wasn't the earth cable,

i love the car and this is the only thing that has gone wrong

any ideas anyone ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ignition blackout 3 years 1 month ago #82644

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi and welcome
My immediate thought was battery earth but wondered why it would immediately restart when cranked.
I then thought check main wire loom to ignition..but again why is it restarting ok.
Likewise if it's the main computer.
I can only suggest to go back to the auto election mainly due to the safety factor!
Or
You could talk to
Allan at Bleam Chrysler Chrome up in Qld as he has a reasonable sound knowledge of the car - www.bleam.com.au (07) 55690723
Or Sam at Mopar Motors down in Victoria - www.moparmotors.com.au (03) 94641177
Or Avi & Josh at A&J Automotive Services in Blacktown NSW (02) 86789078

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

ignition blackout 3 years 1 month ago #82645

Thanks Ray, i will talk with Allan at Bleam

and it sounds similar to Pyre,

thanks again

ignition blackout 3 years 1 month ago #82646

Allan at Bleam was a great help

the issue is common to 2006 models and can be repaired for the 4door, not the convertible :(

for later years the bug/system in the fuses was changed, unfortunately Chrysler hasn't owned up to any fault

on their part for this failure.

he also said that he replaced the ignition in a car which stopped some nonsense so i will certainly be doing that.

cost wise i wouldn't go to Chrysler $3-4000 compared to his price at Bleams approx $600 for the replacement electronics.

so thank you again Ray, safe happy motoring !!!

ignition blackout 3 years 1 month ago #82647

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Glad you got some satisfaction. Sorry I couldn't reply to you earlier as I was travelling out to Orange NSW.
Let's hope you get your issue rectified real soon.
Just wondering! How many keys do you hang off your key ring? Thought I can remember hearing or reading about too many keys hanging off the ignition switch causing load to the switch!

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
04.jpg11.jpg06.jpg09.jpg10.jpg05.jpg07.jpg01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg