Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Turbo Upgrades

Turbo Upgrades 2 years 8 months ago #83065

• WS79
:blink:

Hi guys,

So I have been floating around on this forum now for a little while and will hopefully join you guys on a run at some stage! I've also started to tinker with the PT - did the brakes, lowered it, some new 17's, new deck and have turned my eye to engine mods.

My little 2003 2.0 isn't bad, she's not going to set a land speed record but it's not as slow as I would have first anticipated. I'm currently considering a Magnaflow catback exhaust and K&N air intake but would really like to understand whether any of you have either:

1. Pieced together the OEM Mopar turbo from a Neon SRT4/PT GT - my understanding is that excluding the ECM, the early SRT4 intake and turbo kit is a straight bolt on? There is a plethora of 2nd hand/refurbished parts for sale on ebay.com and I reckon I could piece it together south of $500
2. After market turbo kit? Have been looking and can buy a kit without the downtube for around 750 usd.

I'm a bit of a backyard hack mechanic so am reasonably confident that I'd be able to do the install myself. My preference would be the OEM setup, but really keen to get feedback.

Have tried researching on the US sites but there isn't much available on the 2.0 - everything is 2.4 and I'm a year short

Cheers

Waz
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Turbo Upgrades 2 years 8 months ago #83128

I currently have a turbo with an issue

Give me a call.

0412 100 900

Turbo Upgrades 2 years 8 months ago #83130

• WS79
I'll buzz you tomorrow
05.jpg07.jpg09.jpg03.jpg01.jpg02.jpg04.jpg06.jpg11.jpg10.jpg