Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rear liftgate touch pad

Rear liftgate touch pad 9 years 5 months ago #66565

• pep
  • Premium Member
Howdy...Margs new PT has developed a small problem. The rear liftgate touch pad no longer works. It still open with the key. I got a copy of an online manual but in it\'s 2000 odd pages, it neglects to show this touch pad. I have taken the cover panel off to have a gander, hoping to see something obvious, but alas, all looks OK. The next step would be to remove the handle and rip into it, but the handle is stuck on with double sided tape as well as nuts. So, before I take the next step, I thought I would ask if anyone else has had a similar problem. I might be looking in the wrong end of the car. Thanks in advance.
see ya
Pep
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rear liftgate touch pad 9 years 5 months ago #66573

• kingofbling
  • Elite Member
  • CANCER SUCKS
MMMMMMMM my new PT which is the latest edition in Australia does not even have the key hole in the rear hatch door another thing they deleted?? sorry can\'t help you no problems with my special edition Dream Cruiser.

Re:Rear liftgate touch pad 9 years 5 months ago #66577

• dotspt
  • Platinum Member
  • pic taken at Rowville by Doti Photographics
hmm .. the special ed GT tourings will be BIG problems if the central locking decides to play up like the ealier models :angry: .. still haven\'t figured out what will happen in that department .. asked Chrysler and they went BLANK :silly: .. haven\'t had Black opal home long enough to experiment AND I dread to think about it :angry: ... had enough STRESS with the 2005 still intermittant .. touch pad hasn\'t been a problem in the 2005 BUT central locking has ... think U may have to look at it from the inside .. take interior trim off etc ..... darn didn\'t get a pic when they took Plums & roses apart when she was IN warranty with tail gate wire short issues ... sorry I\'m not much help either :S

Re:Rear liftgate touch pad 9 years 3 months ago #67195

I had my one play up on my 05 GT. Luckily still under warranty at the time.

First noticed it after washing the car. Would then work fine a little while later. Put it down to water or moisture getting in.

Took it to the \"experts\" at the dealer & over the next couple of weeks replaced nearly every part of the locking mechanism apart from the switch itself. After further persistant problems they FINALLY replaced the switch. All has been good since.

Re:Rear liftgate touch pad 5 years 8 months ago #79559

Quite ironic that I\'m the one resurrecting this thread after all this time.

Here\'s my latest problem.

The touchpad button / tailgate lock has stopped working.
I pulled the rear cover off & seperated the plug to the touchpad. testing it with a multimeter (i\'m a multimeter novice) I was getting continuity when the switch was pressed. So I\'m convinced the switch is ok.
I then shorted the terminals in the plug leading to the lock. This was activating the lock.
Seeing that these both items worked independently it now has me stumped.

At the moment I am opening the tailgate with the key.
Any idea\'s?????
Thanks in advance.

Re:Rear liftgate touch pad 5 years 8 months ago #79564

though you are making contact with the ohm meter,
the switch contact could have residual dirt on the contact pads
and in circuit it isn\'t making proper contact.
If dismantlable try clearing contacts.
Keith
PTCDU NSW Inc (1 of 4 Founding)
'06 Linen Gold Man Cabrio
'17 ISUZU MU-X
(The dream continues)

Ph: 0412 017 084
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
10.jpg04.jpg02.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg03.jpg11.jpg09.jpg01.jpg