Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Daytime Running Lights

Daytime Running Lights 6 years 6 months ago #77441

• Kenmac
I wish to fit a set of Daytime Running Lights to My Cabrio. Those LED\'s all in a row thing. However I can\'t find an appropriate wire to connect to. I don\'t want to hook into parking lights. Want them to come on when I turn on the ignition. Looked in the fuse box and found an empty fuse holder (No. 10) not used according to my manual. Is there power here and could I put 2 wires (using spade connectors) to get my Plus & Minus voltage or just one for the Plus.
Or is there anywhere simpler.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS just got my car back after having a right of way dispute with a very large kangaroo. He won, bounded off leaving me with $ 5,500 worth of damage.
2006 PT Cruiser Cabriolet Automatic.
1993 Ford Festiva Trio WA 5 sp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Daytime Running Lights 6 years 6 months ago #77446

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Ken!
Mate them roo\'s wont move with those on ....lol but hey it is a great idea and as far as the wiring anything is doable but not sure which wire myself!
Might pay to see the local auto electrician. They may put a separate fuse in just in case you blow the power to the ignition when the lights kick in.
Good idea tho. I was just about to implement this idea to the fleet of vehicles I managed where I work. Unlucky for them tho as I finished there a fortnight ago.
Lets us know how you went tho.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Re:Daytime Running Lights 6 years 6 months ago #77451

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 48
Hi Ken,

I used the wiring to the cigarette lighter for our DRLs- it\'s double fused, and turns off when the ignition is off.
The average set of DRLs pull about 1 amp. The hardest part with the cig lighter is getting the console out to get at the connector.

As Ray says, if you want to try the empty fuse get it checked (but there may not even be wiring running to it). If there is power there this will only be your +ve. For the -ve you\'ll have to go to earth (there are plenty of screws already available to use for this).

- Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:Daytime Running Lights 6 years 6 months ago #77454

• Kenmac
Thanks for replies. I have no intention of trying to get console out for the Cig lighter. Currently have GPS/ Reversing camera plugged in there.
Am about to try my multimeter in the spare fuse holder and see if there is power. As stated plenty of negative bolts all over the place.
Will let you know how I get on.
PS About Kangas have fitted Sonic Animal Repellers. $ 6.00 at local auto shop. Just a whistle in ultrasonic.

Thanks Ken.

Re:Daytime Running Lights 6 years 6 months ago #77457

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
I was going to suggest that the other day. Twas in Supercheap Auto this week and saw a couple of types there.

Why was I in Supercheap? I had a small dent repaired the other day ....by a careless walker byer :angry: . Really happy with the repair but a couple days later I found the entire car was covered by fine overspray so I bought a clay block which I used today. I\'m happy now. :)

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Re:Daytime Running Lights 6 years 6 months ago #77458

• Kenmac
Hi Ray, Got my repellers at local Auto shop. Dollar dearer than Supercheap but would have cost that much or more in petrol to go get.
Re Lights. The spare fuse holder (No. 29 not 10) has power running to one terminal, goes off when ignition turned off. Will try to buy a 0.5 or 1 amp inline fuse to fit in line to lights to (they take 100 MA total) ,hopefully, safeguard rest of circuits.
PS my Service Manual (in my computer) covers 06 PT.I downloaded it from some website ages ago. The wiring and pics of fuse box are different also doesn\'t cover Cabrio. Does any one know if there is a later version say \'08 available and if so the website.

Thanks again to everybody
Ken
  • Page:
06.jpg07.jpg09.jpg11.jpg04.jpg03.jpg05.jpg10.jpg01.jpg02.jpg