Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another new member

Another new member 8 months 4 weeks ago #84095

• Mr PT
  • Im middle aged.
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey Team.
New member here. New to this PT Cruiser forum but not new to car forums on the net.
I am a Ford fan but love the PT's ever since they came out on the market. I bought a brand
new 2003 PT cruiser classic way back then, 5 speed manny, bog stock including the steel rims. He was black.
We called him Alex. We had Alex for 18 months and finance back then i was doing it a little tuff
so we had to off load him. :(

Fast forward to about 3 months ago, i bought another 2003 black PT 5 speed. This one has alloy
wheels and a im gonna call it a 'chrome pack". Chrome grill, chrome high lights on the bars etc.
I haven't given this one a name (yet) This one is out of rego but im hanging off doing that as i want to
move it away from the xmas/new year period as my Falcon is due mid December. Ill wait another 3
months then take it up for a blue slip.

My second PT cruiser i bought only a week ago. Cheap cheap. 2005 PT 2.4 litre 5 speed manny.
Alloy wheels, tint, including all spiders and tree leaves :ohmy: This one has no rego either.
This one was parked under sum trees for the past couple of years due to a worn out clutch (i hope)
but has low K's 145,000 and the engine sounds strong, doesnt blow smoke and idle's beautiful. So
far i have started cleaning out the leaves from the plenum chamber, popped the inner wheel plastics
off and flushed the ber jeebus out of it. Ive pulled the seats and pressure washed the rears, mats etc.
I have ordered some new bendix ct's, new DBA rotors and a pollen filter since im up there.
She's not perfect but will become better as i get the funds. Ill post some pics when i can and ask
a few questions along the way as i work out your PT Cruiser forum.
Until next time ;)
steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Another new member 8 months 4 weeks ago #84096

• dennisk
  • Platinum Member
  • Dennis and Jan
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi Steve ,
Good to see you on the Forum , welcome .
You will get plenty of assistance from the guys , although you already have considerbale PT experience .
We have a couple of members who reside in the Blue Mountains and our next Monthly Run is to Glenbrook .
Keep an eye on the forum for the information
Our Secretary , Ray Joyce will make contact with you soon and supply a Membership Application pack for you if required .
Look forward to meeting up soon .
Regards
Dennis Knighton
President
PT Cruisers Down Under NSW INC
Dennis Knighton
Mob: 0407 961 050
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - PRESIDENT & Uniforms/Merchandise
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.

Jan K - Mob: 0408 118 549
2006 Route 66 Solar Yellow.
Sunroof, K & N Apollo hi flow induction kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr PT

Another new member 8 months 3 weeks ago #84134

• Richie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
G'day Steve and welcome also to the forum.
Hey, just reading through your list of things, you say that you have popped the inner wheel plastics, is that the chrome covers that go over the alloy mag underneath? If so, will you polish the alloy? and does the Chrysler badge in the centre still locate in the middle? I'm running a set of 06 wheels on my Cruiser and the plastic covers have gutter rash. I see that it appears that these covers push onto the wheel. I've sanded the scratches and put chrome tape over the scratches but in the long run want to do better.
Also you say that you pressure washed the rear seats. Does the foam dry out ok? All my seats look like they were sitting in Arizona before being fitted in Mexico! I've done a lot of vacuuming on them believe me!
But anyway, hope to see you on the road, and pics of your 2 Cruisers.
Regards, Richie the Cee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr PT
03.jpg02.jpg07.jpg01.jpg11.jpg05.jpg09.jpg06.jpg04.jpg10.jpg