Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I don’t want to sell!

I don’t want to sell! 3 months 3 weeks ago #84481

:( I joined this forum nearly 7 years ago with a new (well, new to me) P T Cruiser. There were many kind people here so I have returned but with sadder news. On my last visit to the mechanics for a service, they reckoned there was too many problems under the bonnet and advised that I buy a new car. Well I am organising a new, non- Chrysler car as I need a functioning set of wheels but I am very reluctant to part with the PT Cruiser. I’d love a second opinion but not sure where to get one, and I can’t drive the car very far in its current condition (the fan, cooling system has died, so it overheats). It has been such a lovely car to drive that I don’t just want to sell it for scrap (as was suggested).

Sympathetic suggestions are welcome.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I don’t want to sell! 3 months 3 weeks ago #84482

About $400 to replace the fan.
If you have damaged the motor by overheating, $2000-$2500.

If it looks as good as the photo $500 as is, assuming more than 1 month rego!

I don’t want to sell! 3 months 3 weeks ago #84484

It has a bit more wear and tear now than the photo shows, and I think I have probably damaged the motor so I know it is more than just the fan. It still has 4 months rego, so I don’t want to part with it without seeing if I can find some way of repairing any damage first.

I don’t want to sell! 3 months 3 weeks ago #84487

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 50
Hi.... I remember you from back then! Your Cruiser looks like mine so it's in with the best of us.
Sorry to hear you have dramas with it now.
If you wanted a 2nd opinion on the mechanical bit you could talk to A &J Automotive in Blacktown to see what they could do.
Their contacts are on our website page in the NSW section of the forum. They'd probably need to view it though.
What contacts have you got as far as getting parts?

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

I don’t want to sell! 3 months 3 weeks ago #84489

Hi Ray,

The thing is I did have an overheating problem years ago, but that was repaired and I haven’t had a lot of dramas until a few weeks ago, besides the usual wear and tear of owning a vehicle. Which is why I am hoping whatever damage has been done might be repairable. The Midas where I usually get my car serviced has new people and they were a bit disparaging at what I had spent on repairs and didn’t think it was worth it. So I am hesitant to take the car back there even if I decide I really do want it repaired. I will contact A & J Automotive and see what they say. I’d like it in a sellable condition so if I decide to part with it, I get a reasonable sum for it.
I have just taken delivery of another car so I have wheels on the road. So now I am considering my options.

I don’t want to sell! 3 months 2 weeks ago #84490

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 50
Hope it all sorts out for you.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
09.jpg07.jpg01.jpg04.jpg06.jpg11.jpg02.jpg03.jpg05.jpg10.jpg