Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reversing Light

Reversing Light 1 month 3 days ago #85261

• Britinoz
  • Thank you received: 4
Gentlemen
Now I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question BUT ,here go's.
One the left rear of our cars , set into the bumper bar is a reversing light and reflector assembly.
On the right side of the car is a similar looking assembly that has a RED lense and a reflector.
The clear lens on the left side lights when reverse is engaged.
The unit on the right side has a globe fitted BUT when does it iluminate?? not when the brake is applied..not when the lights are switched on.
It's taken me several years to work this out. :lol: :lol:
Keep safe
Chris...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reversing Light 1 month 3 days ago #85262

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Chris.
That extra globe is the Rear Fog Light.
Its to stand out or illuminate the right rear of your vehicle for cars approaching you in the fog with an extra bright red light (equivalent to a brake light)
It's controlled by the combination switch on the left side of your steering column. That is the switch that turns the headlights on.
Twist it beyond the parklight and headlight position. You will need to pull that switch out and twist again. A warning light will appear on the instrument panel in orange to let you know it is on.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
M: 0407 266 890
E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - TREASURER & Membership

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Reversing Light 1 month 4 days ago #85263

• Britinoz
  • Thank you received: 4
Ray
Thanks for the info..as I mentioned before ..I was a little embarrassed to ask the question as I have had three PT up to this point.A few months ago ,I wrote off my blue (pictured) model and have had to replace it with one I purchased off the net.
I am updating my globes to LED's and was trying to work out a way to get a reversing lamp on the right side of the car and that is the basis of my question.I did see some very nice "euro " reversing lights ...but unfortunately ,not available.
Cheers
Chris.

Reversing Light 1 month 3 days ago #85264

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
All good there Chris.
I put LEDs in my front park lights and in the daylight you couldn't see they were on.
So I put it back to the way it was.
You may also find if you put the LEDs in the existing indicator lamps they may flash at a irratic speed because they're not resistored. A inline resistor "may" need to be installed.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
M: 0407 266 890
E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - TREASURER & Membership

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Latest Forum Activity

• No posts to display.
06.jpg03.jpg05.jpg04.jpg11.jpg07.jpg02.jpg01.jpg09.jpg10.jpg