Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: More Central Locking Problems

More Central Locking Problems 10 years 5 months ago #41165

We my car is being very naughty at the moment. The central locking is stuffed. Started with the car locking and unlocking itself on a constant cycle. Not wanting to leave the car anywhere where it might do this I took the fuse out.

When I did this the passenger door was stuck on the lock position. You couldn\'t even lift the lock button up manually.

Chrysler has looked at it and ordered two new locking actuators for both front doors. When these come in I might insist they check the wiring. It\'s just too coincidental to me that 3 Deep Plum 2005 cars have had the same problem.
Robert
Car: 2.4 2005 Deep Plum Touring Edition
Rego: RT 1967 (Slim Line Purple naturally)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: More Central Locking Problems 10 years 5 months ago #41166

Deb had a simular problem with her car.Found to be the passengers door wiring was earthing out causing it to lock & unlock.Was just the plastic joiner had broken up & rubbing on the meatal.
Wild Child (a.k.a Moonlight Express )
Cruizin Chryslers

Re: More Central Locking Problems 10 years 5 months ago #41171

Sounds like the same problem but the other two were both in the tailgate.
Robert
Car: 2.4 2005 Deep Plum Touring Edition
Rego: RT 1967 (Slim Line Purple naturally)

Re: More Central Locking Problems 10 years 5 months ago #41172

• dotspt
  • Platinum Member
  • pic taken at Rowville by Doti Photographics
:shock: :lol: two locking actuators ordered??? .. they must be (quietly) confident that is what it is or they would NOT be spening their $$$ surely :?: must have some INSIDE info that they possibly play up ... and are readly available asa a spare part ... keep us posted . the service area had NOT a clue when Ps&Rs played up .. as it was INTERmittant ... makes it not so easy to trace .. but the open and closing auto didn\'t happen it just blew the fuse!! .. mine with fuse OUT still let me open & close drivers door with the KEY .. and pull up knobs :shock: :oops: :arrow:

Re: More Central Locking Problems 10 years 5 months ago #41175

• hot pt
  • Platinum Member
Talking to Ray and Georgie (TINTOY) today and they have a rear window that is going up and down on its own,has anyone else had this happen :?

Re: More Central Locking Problems 10 years 5 months ago #41177

Just for the record, we had to have Puddin fixed it was the rear door wiring prob, they replaced the sensor x 3 times before they discovered it was the wiring, meanwhile x 3 trips to Canberra. All ok now.
Plum Puddin' - Graeme & Joanne
04.jpg09.jpg11.jpg07.jpg05.jpg03.jpg02.jpg06.jpg01.jpg10.jpg