Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: hornswitch

hornswitch 4 years 3 months ago #78606

hi the hornswitch in my 03 pt cruiser must have fallen apart.got this hornpad off,but I don\'t know how to get to the switch itself.there are 4 hex nuts under s

ide the pad but iam not brave enough do undue them.any advise please?
thanks urs
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:hornswitch 4 years 3 months ago #78607

• i2s2bme
  • Colin & Joan
  • Thank you received: 63
I haven\'t removed one
But you could check here
They have step by step instructions
Usually just doing a google search should get some results
But never hurts to ask here
I hope this helps and hope to hear how you go with it
Cheers
Col

www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/general-pt-...rn-button-cover.html
Colin & Joan

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.ptcruisers.com.au/ptcdu-nsw
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Re:hornswitch 4 years 3 months ago #78608

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 45
Servus Urs,

Will send you an email, and Workshop Manual is on it\'s way with Aust. Post.

Regards,

Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:hornswitch 4 years 3 months ago #78611

gruetzi steve. that\'s swiss for hello.
thanks for the manuel. iunhooked this rubber hooks and was able to remove the airbag . inside a pouch on top of the air bag was a disc about 5omm big. it had a+ and a - wire on it. I pulled this disc out and I looked long and hard at it. and I knew there Is nothing I can do. so I pushed it back in the pouch and put everything back on . surprise the horn works again no warninglights on. if it plays up again I have to replace the disc.thanks for the standard hight springs steve.we always load vehicles up to the maximum when we go some where.she is riding very well on our rough nq roads. I had to get my 86 year old father from cairns last week so I took the pt. returned 8.5ltr to a 100 ks on 110 cruisecontrol. but it did not take the 300 mm drop of the side on the singleway section to well. now I look in to build a bloody skid plate as the gearbox got a big scratch and everything behind it.
that\'s for taking the Normanton road .saves about 250 km one way .only 11 hours instead of 15 plus and falling asleep.
if I could learn to post pictures I would post some but as my mates say I still have to learn English.
thanks again steve
liebe gruesse von Heidi und urs

Re:hornswitch 4 years 3 months ago #78613

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 45
Gruetzi Urs!

Ich habe Jahre lang in Oberstdorf gewohnt wo dass dailekt viel mit dem vom der Schwiez gemeinsam hat! Und habe spaeter einen Arbeits Kollege gehabt der aus Wintertur stamm. Sehr schoen dass ich es wieder lesen/hoeren kann.

I hope that it was just the contact ring that was the problem. If it happens again it mat be the clock-spring (very simple min our models) but mnone-the-less expensive & annoying.

Hope that the damage wasn\'t too bad.
Tell your mates that their English is no better than yours if they have had a few beers! :laugh:

Posting pictures is a bit of a drama these days with all the changes to photobucket, but send them to me in an email and I will sort it out for you. Would love to see them.

I fitted the King Springs finally last weekend and even the great \"Doubting Thomas\" (aka Moni) is more than happy with them ;) - our roads are crap, but not as bad as yours! B)

Wegen dass benzin verbrauch, gar nicht schlecht- ist eure PT Auto oder Schalt getrieb ?

Gruesse aus NSW,

Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser
02.jpg09.jpg06.jpg04.jpg07.jpg01.jpg03.jpg11.jpg10.jpg05.jpg