Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Factory RAR radio on 09 cruiser has failed...optio

Factory RAR radio on 09 cruiser has failed...optio 5 years 5 months ago #80204

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Getting a bit off topic :whistle: .....while I was reading my Sound Systems Manual (and don't forget the Cruisers have a Service Manual, a Operations Manual and a Sound System Manual), it states under the Radio Security Code section "The four digit code can be found on the last page of this manual. Please remove this page from the Manual and store in a safe place outside of the vehicle"
Now this urkes me a bit as it is an instruction given to the owner/purchaser of the vehicle whom owns the manual and not a Chrysler agent!
So any way you go to the last page and yes nothing there.
Coincidentally you go to the very front of this same manual and there is a tag (1/2page to be torn out) titled "Audio System Passport" and has a spot for the Customers Name! Customer being that Chrysler was suppose to put their customers name on it. Not done!
It then says Please remove number sticker from the face of the radio to ....and I quote "again become operational after power supply interruption"
One's now assuming Chrysler hasn't got the right to charge you for requesting the security code if you were the original owner and you can show them the slip and where it says "PLACE STICKER HERE" in a box provided for it as it was on your car when you purchased it and they have removed it.

Just adding to that in the front cover of the Service Folder there is a full page section where the Owners purchase information is suppose to filled....no that's not down and also printed across that page in large writing AFFIX CUSTOMERS COPY OF RETAIL DELIVERY ADVICE TO THIS PAGE and you guessed it, it hasn't been done. :angry:

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Latest Forum Activity

• No posts to display.
05.jpg09.jpg02.jpg04.jpg11.jpg10.jpg06.jpg01.jpg03.jpg07.jpg