Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Air Bag Light and Warning

Air Bag Light and Warning 1 year 8 months ago #82550

• Richie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Gday All, Guess this is the 100th time again for this subject?
Sporadic symptoms. Light and Warning (sound) come on when they both want to.....or sometimes never for an entire trip varying from 10k to 500! Or just the light will stay on itself (after the warning sound) for 1 to 15 or even longer minutes. Don't know but it seems to be one of the seats maybe even the pax one? Might be psychological but seems to happen more when there's a passenger. The previous owner stated that the steering wheel bag and associated other needs were all changed to no avail. What the other needs were I don't know but it doesn't matter because it didn't fix it. I'm not really all that worried, Maybe just hoping that it doesn't go boom whilst we are underway, but Mr Pink Slip might not like the light on when that time comes around.
Any thoughts?
Oh, I also fell into the trap of taking the headlight aiming motor of the back of the headlight. Try trying to get that thing back in with the headlight still installed! Or even try taking the headlight out without taking the whole front of the car off! (Any easier way?)
Hope someone can help, airbag light is getting on my airbag!
Richie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Air Bag Light and Warning 1 year 8 months ago #82553

• i2s2bme
  • Colin & Joan
  • Thank you received: 72
No codes?
Check wiring under the seats especially passenger side. This is a common fault for those with airbag light problems.
Colin & Joan

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.ptcruisers.com.au/ptcdu-nsw
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Air Bag Light and Warning 1 year 8 months ago #82554

• Richie
  • Premium Member
Thanks Colin, No codes present at all for any problems, just the "done" readout.
Will investigate under the seats starting with the pax one, hopefully just pulling, connecting and wriggling will do the job.
Rick.

Air Bag Light and Warning 1 year 8 months ago #82557

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 47
Colin's tip will be on the money....

Usually happens in cars where the seat (driver or passenger) has been adjusted forwards and backwards often.
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Air Bag Light and Warning 1 year 8 months ago #82558

• i2s2bme
  • Colin & Joan
  • Thank you received: 72
I had that issue with mine
It was the harness under the passenger seat
It was replaced and worked fine after that
Apparently common and a recall for some models
The wiring would crimp and wear with the moving of the seat back and forth
Colin & Joan

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.ptcruisers.com.au/ptcdu-nsw
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Air Bag Light and Warning 1 year 8 months ago #82559

• Richie
  • Premium Member
Thanks guys for your help. I've just done a quick disconnect/reconnect of the pax seat plug. I seemed to be ok as in connected properly. Unless the plug wasn't homed properly, I couldn't say that was it. Took the car for a quick spin and the light was still acting the same.
Reading other comments, I am going to take the passenger seat out, get at and completely check the harness visually and with a multimeter for intermittent breaks or the like (bending). If that doesn't work then the drivers seat will be next.
Regards to all, Rick
PS also, this exercise will give me a good chance to vacuum clean carpet where the seats mount
01.jpg07.jpg10.jpg11.jpg03.jpg02.jpg04.jpg09.jpg06.jpg05.jpg