Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PT Cruisers and Modern Mopars Downunder NSW gets a 300C SRT

Re: PT Cruisers and Modern Mopars Downunder NSW gets a 300C SRT 13 years 5 months ago #26923

• Wendy
  • Platinum Member
My question to you is: are the cameras set in a permanent location, or do they move them around a little to keep you on your toes?

Depends on which State you\'re in. In Queensland we have mobile speed camera vehicles only - sedans, station wagons, mini-trucks, lge SUV\'s. They can on be located in places that have been authorised as safe (there\'s a list!) and SHOULD be parked legally - there\'s a couple around here that park on the sidewalk which is illegal and I\'m waiting for the day when someone who gets a ticket challenges it as the officer is committing an offence at the same time! They are trying to introduce fixed speed camera\'s in certain spots in Queensland.

They suck, but I have a nice photo of the front of my car, a nice photo of the back of my car and most recently, a nice photo of my old work car!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PT Cruisers and Modern Mopars Downunder NSW gets a 300C SRT 13 years 5 months ago #26925

• GangsterGiz
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5
My question to you is: are the cameras set in a permanent location, or do they move them around a little to keep you on your toes?
In NSW they are mostly \"Fixed\" cameras on the side of the road with THREE Signs displaying that there is a speed camera and the speed limmit of the road before the camera - so they give enough warning that there is a camera and what the speed limit is before you get to it

Also \'mobile\' speed cameras in Police vehicles - but they basically sit anywhere they feel like - ie on the highways: behind a bush or just over the crest of a hill.... but can often also be sitting in the suburban streets - and as Wendy says on the sidewalk/footpath to keep off the road... I believe they are \'supposed\' to also display that they are running a radar speed check, but its often 1metre or so \'after\' where they are sitting :lol: :P

But most I see are \'fixed\' with the 3 signs before it - I dont see too many \'mobile\' units - unless I\'m going too fast to see them or them see me :lol: ;) :lol: :shock: :wink:

In the ACT(Canberra) they are basically all mobile units I think that sit in those big vans with dark tinted windows on the side of the road - by the time you realise what it is - its too late and its got ya!! :lol: :P
Dean & Mitch
MY07 2008 Limited 2.4 Cabrio Red (purchased 2016)

[MY07 2008 Touring GT 2.4 Black (purchased 2015-traded 2016)]
[MY04 2004 Limited 2.0 Black (purchased New 2004-sold 2015)]

Re: PT Cruisers and Modern Mopars Downunder NSW gets a 300C SRT 13 years 5 months ago #26930

• Cruisin
  • Platinum Member
guys maybe it\'s time to start a speed camera post?

Justtrying to keep it on topic.
Craig Hanson

Re: PT Cruisers and Modern Mopars Downunder NSW gets a 300C SRT 13 years 5 months ago #26939

On the Central Coast we have speed cameras at nearly every school crossing. There are now two speed cameras on the FS freeway within a KM of each other. an a third one about 20km after that. You can also count on a mobile radar at the top of Ourimbah on most weekends.

The trouble with our cameras for speeding and red lights are that they are not about stopping people speeding or saving lives.

For example in our school zones the speed limit is reduced between certain hours. So first of you have to check your clock to see what time it is (eyes of road) then you have to check your speed and keep it under 40 km/h, so again you are watching the speedo, not the road for stupid children. What people want is flashing amber lights at the start of the school zone so you can tell when it is in force. this gives you one less reason to take your eyes of the road and most peoples natural reaction to these lights is to slow down anyway.

The other problem is that it seem to be an arbitrary law that says that all schools must have these speed zones. This is fine in a suburban school. What really pisses me of is when that have them on Major arterial roads. Going along the Pacific Hyw from the F3 to North Sydney you go through so many speed zones it\'s not funny and it does nothing but completely choke the traffic flow. Some of these zones have divided road with fences on the footpath and down the middle of the road to stop people crossing and then foot bridges over the road. In places like this the speed zones should not be required.

As for red light cameras, ours just take the happy snaps and fine the person after they have broken the law and probably caused an accident. I read an article on the US red light cameras (in NY at least) and these are a bit smarter. Not only do they take the picture of the car running the red but they are hooked into the lights and if they detect someone running the light they will hold the green light for the other traffic to avoid an accident.

There are cities in the states that also have the ability to control the lights if they detect a fire truck or ambulance and can control the light sequence to give them a clear run. We have nothing like that over here.
Robert
Car: 2.4 2005 Deep Plum Touring Edition
Rego: RT 1967 (Slim Line Purple naturally)

Re: PT Cruisers and Modern Mopars Downunder NSW gets a 300C SRT 13 years 5 months ago #26941

• forfun
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1

as i already said....topic people topic.... :P ......will we see the new car on Mothers Day??

Re: PT Cruisers and Modern Mopars Downunder NSW gets a 300C SRT 13 years 5 months ago #26948

• GangsterGiz
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5

See \"Speed Camera\" Topic post here:
www.ptcruisers.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26947#26947

.....and now back to topic:

Can\'t wait to see the SRT 300C :)
Won\'t see it Mother\'s Day :( but hope to SOON!! :D:)
Dean & Mitch
MY07 2008 Limited 2.4 Cabrio Red (purchased 2016)

[MY07 2008 Touring GT 2.4 Black (purchased 2015-traded 2016)]
[MY04 2004 Limited 2.0 Black (purchased New 2004-sold 2015)]
10.jpg06.jpg02.jpg11.jpg05.jpg07.jpg09.jpg04.jpg03.jpg01.jpg