Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dodge has arrived

Re: Dodge has arrived 12 years 7 months ago #31469

Am I missing something here.? The PT really stands out. The 300C really stands out. The Crossfire stands out, .... but the Dodge looks like a Nissan thingy, a Citroen thingy, and a lot of other similar contemporary style vehicles. Seems like a lot of excitement over a RAM badge to me.

Have to agree with you there CREWZR. From the winscreen forward it looks great but from there back it doesn\'t really match the strong front end. I\'d even go as far as to say it\'s Hyundai ish.

I hate to say it but I can see this as being Neon mark II. The Neon was over priced and I think Chrysler (Dodge) needed to price the car a bit more sharply than they have. It\'s supposed to be aimed at young people but when you are starting in your career or Mum and Dad are financing the car a $24,000 Dodge with 1.8l manual can\'t really compete with a $18,000 Nissan Tiida with the same engine size. The older buyers that have no idea (or interest) about style will simply continue to buy their Corollas and Camrys.

Obviously without the volumes that the bigger car makers have they will need to sell at a premium but I\'m sure there would be some scope to trim prices. Dodge is the 9th biggest selling brand in the world after all and by far outsells the Chrysler and Jeep brands in the US.

I guess only time will tell.

If the PT were not available I would certainly consider one, especially the R/T version or even the Diesel, but I am willing to pay the premium required to drive something a little bit different from every one else. The question is, is the Dodge different enough?
Robert
Car: 2.4 2005 Deep Plum Touring Edition
Rego: RT 1967 (Slim Line Purple naturally)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dodge has arrived 12 years 7 months ago #31486

• DAGRIM
  • Elite Member
I was at Gold Coast Chrysler Jeep Dodge for a look. They had one (blue)Caliber in the showroom, one (tangerine?) under a side awning and about six (each a different colour) on the forecourt. Also 300C wagon in dark blue, a 300C diesel, a few 300C\'s in a mix of Hemi, V6, SRT, plus a couple of PT\'s and 4 PT convertibles with a mix of Jeep models for good measure.
did u see the jeep srt8?? its the fastest fwd in the world
Blake
INDEPENDENT CRUISERS.
Inspiration comes standard!!
www.blitsbodykits.com.au/

Re: Dodge has arrived 12 years 7 months ago #31488

• Cruisin
  • Platinum Member
are u sure it\'s the fastest FWD (front wheel drive)?

If anything it would be the fastest 4WD but I think LandRover, Porsche and BMW 4WD\'s would give it a good run for it\'s money?
Craig Hanson

Re: Dodge has arrived 12 years 7 months ago #31507

• DAGRIM
  • Elite Member
are u sure it\'s the fastest FWD (front wheel drive)?

If anything it would be the fastest 4WD but I think LandRover, Porsche and BMW 4WD\'s would give it a good run for it\'s money?
hay i had a head ake ok. It was at mopar sunday and it did 13.3 down the quarter mile. i got some pics but i cant post them because my quota of 2mb is full. There was also a 2.4L pt racin\' out there it did 18.2 which is almost a second slower then battle cruiser did last year.
Blake
INDEPENDENT CRUISERS.
Inspiration comes standard!!
www.blitsbodykits.com.au/

Re: Dodge has arrived 12 years 7 months ago #31508

• CREWZR
  • Platinum Member
Was that Jeep stock? 13.3 secs at what would be just over 100mph for a mass produced vehicle is quite impressive.
CREWZR
05 Classic, Auto, Twin Exhaust, 10 CD Stacker, Chrome:- Front & Rear Bumper Trim, Door Handle Scratch Plates, Door Spears, Mirror Covers, Head & Tail Light Surrounds, Pillar Posts, Fuel Filler, Rear Number Plate Surround.

Re: Dodge has arrived 12 years 7 months ago #31509

• dotspt
  • Platinum Member
  • pic taken at Rowville by Doti Photographics
Dagrim send pics to me IF U can .. at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ... and I will try to post them through photo bucket till U get the hang of iphoto bucket !! . PLEASE CAUSE I am keen to see them TOO!!!

02.jpg07.jpg10.jpg05.jpg04.jpg03.jpg11.jpg01.jpg06.jpg09.jpg