Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie not convinced (yet).

Newbie not convinced (yet). 9 years 9 months ago #64020

• Mk1
;) Hello all.
Recently I purchased a black )2009 ltd automatic cruiser (thru the company to take advantage of the tax and for my wife to run around in and use as a second car).

She loves the car (and so does the dog) and her decision to choose it was based more on the marketing capabilities (jazzing it up with company logo\'s etc) and once we finish it I\'m sure it will attract more attention than the alternatives.

However, I am amazed by the terrible fuel economy as the new V6 statesman i hired on a recent trip fares better (I gave it a good thrashing too!).

Is there anything that can be installed to boost economy/performance of this vehicle without major expense?

Something that did come as a surprise was stumbling across the forums (such as this) and finding a worldwide network of passionate PT lovers that get together for cruises :woohoo: , not to mention help each other out with problems. Beautifull!

Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Newbie not convinced (yet). 9 years 9 months ago #64021

• Bub
  • Platinum Member
Congrats on your purchase..the 09 is great value and it will not be long before you are hooked...as for petrol consumption...there are several threads in relation to this topic...it seems to vary...my 06 has been a lot better on fuel since I started highway driving and not chewing it up on the stop starts..usage varies between 8-10 lts..sure some of the more knowledgable will get on and advise...pter\'s are aussie wide..so don\'t hesitate to come along to one of the many outings this friendly group organises...do a searh on fuel..you mmay find what you are looking for...again welcome and congrats and depending where you are may see you around....
Bub Editor Cruisin News PTCDU
2006 GT Mag.Pearl 2009 Dub Grill...
lots of chrome, minor graphics, 17 inch BSA\'s,
twin mopar performance cat back exhaust system, interior minor bling chrome & amp; crystals.
(work in progress)

Re:Newbie not convinced (yet). 9 years 9 months ago #64022

• Fire Fly
  • Platinum Member
sorry cant help much other than the k and n filter repacement ,some like the air pod . I dont take any notice of the fuel economy on any of our pts downstairs . only have them to enjoy the ride and the looks of others who wish they had one too :laugh:
I\'m delighted I\'m a FireFly. A FireFly\'s never glum
\'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum[/color][/size]

Re:Newbie not convinced (yet). 9 years 9 months ago #64023

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
I cant offer a lot as well apart from it is a new car so the engine is quite tight and needs to loosen up. In my case that took nearly 17,000km.
These cars are very heavy or rather solid and safe. They never boasted fuel economy and I dont think Chrysler ever put that into the equation on any of there vehicles infact always known for on the contary! If you were after economy obviously the Japaneese market would\'ve been the way to go but there goes that charm of driving something that really does attract attention, practical in many senses and just sheer enjoyment to drive. Enjoy the other attributes that comes with the car and I\'m sure you\'ll say geez I\'m happy to pay for what this car has to offer.
Enjoy the cruise.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Re:Newbie not convinced (yet). 9 years 9 months ago #64024

• Mk1
Thank\'s for the replies.

Also, surfin on the net I am enchanted by the \"bling\" factor these cars have (no wonder the missus loves it so much). First modification I will make won\'t be seen tho as it will be to dynamat the doors/hatch in an attempt to get rid of the rattles created by the sound system (which apart from that is half decent).

Then move on to replace the wheels, as the silver srt rims look ok but I think chrome (spinners if their not illegal by now) would look much better. We live in Sydney and the roads are so rough that I don\'t know if i\'ll sacrifice the ride for looks too much (17\'s are standard anyway). I guess as we\'re defacing the look of the ltd ed with promo stickers anyway we might as go all out. I\'m sure the rims it came with won\'t be too hard to get rid of ;)

Re:Newbie not convinced (yet). 9 years 9 months ago #64025

• The Chief
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Can only comment and back up Firefly here. Never considered the fuel economy when we bought the 1st PT, bought it for it\'s looks. In fact we liked the looks so much we bought a 2nd PT and both run K & N filters. Apart from that they are pretty standard :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: except for a few ( thousand $\'s ) of extra\'s. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
"Age doesn't weary us, it just makes us go cruisin more."

SOUTHERN CRUIZIN CHRYSLERS
  • Page:
05.jpg02.jpg03.jpg06.jpg04.jpg09.jpg10.jpg07.jpg01.jpg11.jpg