Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wheels

Wheels 5 years 4 days ago #78575

• cowboytp
  • love classic cars
can some one tell me where i can get a nice set of chrome wheels for my 2003 cruiser and what is the best size to put on them i am new to a cruiser but in the proses of doing it up hope some one can help
i am a country and rock and roll dj on our local community radio station tank radio 103.1 fm have been for the last 17 years and also a big fan of good old classic type cars and this is my first pt cruiser and and it is great i also like meeting people that has the same interest
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Wheels 5 years 3 days ago #78585

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Terry,

Firstly, welcome to the forum and the world of PTs!

\"Chrome\" wheels.... A few options in Australia- the early model \'Limited Edition\' had a 5 spoke genuine chrome/steel wheel fitted from the factory. The later model \'Limited\' had a 6 spoke (and even later a 7 or 8 spoke) \"chrome\" wheel, it was however an ABS (plastic) cover \'welded\' to an alloy or steel wheel. Any of these can be found from time to time on eBay or on this forum for sale.

For other real chrome wheels you will have to look in the USA (try www.cruisermotorsports.com/ ).

If you want nice alloy wheels (not necessarily \"chrome\"), they are a 5 x 100 stud pattern, with a 40 mm offset (42 mm or so will also fit). This is pretty common these days (same as a lot of Subarus and the VW New Beetle). 17\" x 7\" or 17\" x 7 1/2\" will keep you safe with the RTA and not compromise your ride comfort.

I hope that this helps.

Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:Wheels 5 years 1 day ago #78598

• The Chief
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Make sure you check before you buy. Early models 01 & 02 are 40 mm offset and 03 is 35mm offset.

I got caught buying wheels as I have 2 PT\'s and run 2 different offsets.

Luckily Bob Jane T Marts looked after me
"Age doesn't weary us, it just makes us go cruisin more."

SOUTHERN CRUIZIN CHRYSLERS

Re:Wheels 5 years 47 minutes ago #78609

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 47
PTmunji wrote:
5 x 100 stud pattern, with a 40 mm offset (42 mm or so will also fit). This is pretty common these days (same as a lot of Subarus and the VW New Beetle). 17\" x 7\" or 17\" x 7 1/2\" will keep you safe with the RTA and not compromise your ride comfort.
Steve

I should have clarified that the offsets mentioned apply to 7\" rims, if you go wider you will of course have to change the offset (as mentioned by The Chief).
The offset is of course determined by wheel width.
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser
10.jpg02.jpg06.jpg09.jpg01.jpg07.jpg03.jpg11.jpg04.jpg05.jpg