Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just seeing if this works.....

Re:Just seeing if this works..... 5 years 6 months ago #80009

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Ok.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Just seeing if this works..... 5 years 6 months ago #80010

• pt_aussie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Jon, Definitely use an auto-electrician. My mechanic (who I've used for over 12 years and trust totally) could not work out the problem in the several years that it was happening.

When it first happened I called the NRMA and he stood there scratching his head for over an hour.

It's definitely the key switch and it suddenly occurred to me one day that the same way to imitate the lights and loss of power was to switch off the ignition while driving.

The auto-electrician who worked on my car (I was there the whole time) said that they had seen a few PTs with the same problem. That was nearly 4 months ago and the problem has not occurred since.

BTY as a fellow convertible driver, your car looks fantastic - it's fun driving with the top down and you are going to have some very enjoyable times :)

Cheers, Brian.
Cruisin with a smile on my face

Re:Just seeing if this works..... 5 years 6 months ago #80011

• Wolfpak
Cheers Brian!
Yes, all the guys at work are (jokingly) giving me a hard time about always having the top down! It's like I told them: "What the #&$@ do you think I bought a convertible for?" Hehe

Going to pick the car up now. They couldn't find any issues, although on your suggestion they did pull the ignition apart and have a look. They said it appeared fine, so I'm hoping that in pulling it apart and putting it back together they might have somehow solved it. I'll keep you posted. And thanks for the info/support, mate. Very much appreciated :)

Re:Just seeing if this works..... 5 years 6 months ago #80018

• pt_aussie
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3
A pleasure to help Jon.

Exactly what my mechanic did - pulled it apart and couldn't see anything wrong. It wasn't until we called in the auto-electrican that the problem was solved. Turned out to be a plastic piece (similar to the lead of a clutch pencil) was not long enough.

Anyway, see how you go now that the mechanics have played with it, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate.
Cruisin with a smile on my face
  • Page:

Latest Forum Activity

11.jpg01.jpg02.jpg05.jpg10.jpg04.jpg09.jpg07.jpg03.jpg06.jpg