Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Project Cherry

Project Cherry 6 months 3 weeks ago #84147

• Mr PT
  • Im middle aged.
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey team.
Ok, gonna start a project thread on my latest acquisition, im going to call her.
Cherry. She is a 2005 PT GT 2.4 litre manual.
I bought Cherry from South Sydney, she was listed 4 sale on the net and went and checked
her out. :) I get to the location and saw her parked out front on the road, there she had been
sitting for a couple of years. She had some huge towering trees all around her and of cause
the ocean was less than a stone's throw away, i should of bolted :silly: but silly me looked her
over and thought, "yeah, i could fix this" :S The then owner had her started when i got there
and she sounded lovely :) I opened all the doors and peeked inside. Spiders :ohmy: I hate spiders!!
and she smelled :sick: She looked great in the ad on the net turns out they were old pics, and the
ad failed to mention "the window tint on all the glass is shagged, there was a dent in the passenger side
front door and that her interior was well dirty. He did how ever say "she needs a new clutch".
he was asking a little over 2k but i got her way cheaper than that.
I went back 2 days later and picked her up. I borrowed my dads EF Falcon (mine dont have a tow bar)
and had a slow cruise home, it did the job very well. Since getting her home i have started the cleaning
process. I first pulled the front wheels, the inner wheel arch plastics and the wiper cowl plastics so i could
get rid of Mother nature that had piled up in there and check for rust. i vacummed and flushed it all all out.
It came up well. I have since moved on to the inside. I have pulled out all the seats, mats, parts of the dash
and a lot of plastic trim. Cherry's interior was filthy!! Lolly wrappers, lolly pop sticks, beach sand, spiders
and just yucky grime that was in the air vents. To this moment i have no idea how a car could this bad.
I still need to vacumme the carpet and clean the steering wheel (id like to replace it) but i have cleaned up
most other stuff. I did pressure clean the back seats, and washed all the plastics and the seats with CT18.
Its great stuff. I borrowed a commercial grade steam cleaner from my work and cleaned the front buckets
because they have the air bags in them and now everything is dry, its all in my spare room waiting for
re-installation. I have no idea when that will take place. I have also got new front brakes and dba rotors
for cherry and ill prolly get dba's for the rear but ill have her clutch fixed first. Ill replace the drive shafts to
whilst the clutch is being done. So time to ad some pics. Hope this photo sharing site works ;)

(New pics due to last pic share website not working) Hope this works

Ill come back and update as things happen.
Till next time.
steve.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Mr PT.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GangsterGiz

Project Cherry 6 months 3 weeks ago #84148

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 48
Wow...that's a huge project task you have there Steve.
Looks like you don't mind having a dabble on the car seeing it's all stripped now.
Hope it all comes together for you and yes pop back for more updates. Be good to follow this.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr PT

Project Cherry 6 months 2 weeks ago #84149

Go for it mate!!

Project Cherry 6 months 2 weeks ago #84154

• Mr PT
  • Im middle aged.
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, spent the weekend doing a bit more on Cherry. Took all the carpet out and door trims and again, hit them with the pressure washer.
The sand that comes out of the carpet, is just bizzare, :S I spose thats what you get when you lived part of your life right next door to the ocean.
Washed the carpet out yesty saturday and its been drying over the past 24 hours. late the afternoon i vacummed the carpet anyway and started on
re-assemble. The carpet comes in 3 separate pieces, makes for better handling i guess when your trying to clean it up.
The door trims came up well to. I also washed them in CT18 and they been in the sun all day. Ill leave them off the car until i get the window tint
replaced and the passenger side front door fixed. Oh, also washed floor in ct18 before i started on putting it back together. Pics of weekend work.
The weather this week is spose to be wet so not sure how much i will get done. I dont have the code for the factory stereo either so i guess ill have to get an after marked unit for it? I would like to use the factory cd player so might enquirer with Chrysler yet. Any body has any theories please chime in. ;)

Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Mr PT.

Project Cherry 6 months 2 weeks ago #84155

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 48
Looks like you're doing an awesome job in the detail. Car looks so different already.
Well done.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au

Project Cherry 6 months 2 weeks ago #84156

• i2s2bme
  • Colin & Joan
  • Thank you received: 73
Bolt by bolt on any car is worth sharing.
Those who do it seem to appreciate the end result more.
Good work and great to see something of a first.
Hope it inspires others.

The stereo code can be easily obtained from Chrysler spares.
I suggest you go in person with rego papers.
They need the vin #
If you buy something, like an oil filter they will be even less hesitant.
And make them think you'll be back.
I worked at one and they can be reluctant to give out information to a one time visitor.
Colin & Joan

Web: www.ptcruisers.com.au/ptcdu-nsw
06.jpg05.jpg04.jpg11.jpg09.jpg02.jpg07.jpg03.jpg01.jpg10.jpg