Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chryslers on the Murray 2012 Report

Chryslers on the Murray 2012 Report 8 years 2 months ago #74284

• The Chief
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
What a start to Chryslers on the Murray 2012. The rain started here at home in the early hours of the morning and continued right throughout the day. I believe around the 30 plus mm here and also at Albury. I heard Pinky say during the closing ceremony around 300mm of rain during the past couple of weeks or so at Albury for the lead up and including COTM. Certainly was a little damp underfoot.

Friday afternoon/night meet & greet until about 5pm was wet so we gathered under the awning at the Crystal Fountain and chatted and enjoyed a few drinks and later on that night we ventured into the entertainment bbq area for more drinkies and more chats.
I must say some people can’t help themselves and just had to clean their PT’s in the rain and I have to agree, fresh rainwater does just as good a job using a chamois as going to a carwash and spending $’s. We have proof of that.

And COTM without a big night from our South Australian visitor’s was a bit of a let down. Is Mr Drury showing his age or what? I believe he was in the cot a few minutes after 9pm. Lift your game son we will need you to perform a little better than that next year.

Saturday due to the amount of rain on Friday the judging of all entered cars was held in Albury at a nice 3 storey concrete carpark with us on the top floor and in the now nice shining sun. Other’s who weren’t being judged went to Gateway Lakes grounds for a look around the stalls etc to chase the bargains.

Then due to all the changes made overnight by the committee and judging complete 10 PTs and a Jeep Wrangler set off for a short scenic drive out to Lake Hume weir for the “PT Cruise” and a couple of photo shoots and a short drive over the Bethanga bridge to the village of Bellbridge for an ice cream before returning to our respective accom sites to clean our PT’s etc and get ready for Saturday night dinner.

Some went to the Kinross Pub, some stayed at the campsites for a bite and 18 of us went to the Northside Hotel at the 5 ways in Lavington for a very nice and well presented dinner.
I have already been asked if those not going to wherever the AWCC decide to have their dinner in 2013 if we can go back to that pub. I must say it was one of the better meals I have had of late to some of the places I have been. I will drop by there next time I’m down that way and let them know of the remarks that were made.

Sunday we all woke to a brilliant, fresh sunny morning and set off from Lavington with 24 PT’s and a Jeep Wrangler lined up and what a marvellous site to be in the lead and see such a magnificent line of PT’s behind me and the Jeep included going down the freeway to the grounds. A fellow on a motorbike must have slowed down to check each PT out as he went past and when he got to me he gave the big thumbs up and took off. I think he was very impressed in what he had just witnessed.
On arrival at the ground the parking marshall said to me and I believe a few others that the PT’s had arrived and what a great job to have them altogether it makes our job soooooo much easier to park you. We got plenty of looks from others already there at our entrance onto the grounds and were all parked in a matter of a few minutes.

A standout vehicle of the day was this one owned by one of the local Funeral Directors of Albury, a stretched 300C. Any Chrysler fan would have a smile on the dial to have their last ride in this one. The only way to go.

A very enjoyable day was had by all present and I think a few of the newbies might just come back again next year. Once your bitten by COTM it’s hard not to return for a look again the following year.
I believe there were 671 cars on display this year.

Congratulations to the winners of the day
Best PT Modified – Kim & Don Lowrie from NSW with their Cool Vanilla Cabrio

Best PT Standard - Dorothy De Vries from Vic with Black Opal

The Henk Heuvving Memorial trophy went to John Black from Qld with Phantom

Those who are interested in returning next year the event will be held on the weekend of the 16th & 17th march 2013. Book your accom early so you don’t miss out. Most do a tentative booking before leaving to ensure they have a bed for next year. All you have to do is to remember to confirm at a later date which you will be reminded to do by me via the forums.
"Age doesn't weary us, it just makes us go cruisin more."

SOUTHERN CRUIZIN CHRYSLERS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Chryslers on the Murray 2012 Report 8 years 2 months ago #74293

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Thanks Chief for your report. Well done.
Great pictures as well.
Hopefully others will say what they experienced as well.

In realtion to accommodation for next year the biggest accomodation place is the Resort Siesta (No staircases) and in between the 2 accomodation houses used over the years and which is well catered for all weather situations with all cars having undercover parking, 2 restuarants, indoor & outdoor pools, BBQ areas undercover and across the road are several eating places, service stations and 2 large car wash facilities.
Now i\'ve been told by the Siesta staff that next year Rotary is having their do at Albury at the same time as COTM 13\' so I\'d be booking now and if you need to cancel later check with the policies of cancellations. Usually you can cancel out a month before without any penalties.

I\'d like to think for NSW Members for COTM 2013 we have atleast 13 cars go down. We had 12 for 2012.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Re:Chryslers on the Murray 2012 Report 8 years 2 months ago #74294

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 48
We\'d like to say that we had a fantastic weekend :cheer:

A big thank you to all involved in the organisation- in particular to Albury Wodonga Chrysler Club. Their last minute reorganisation on Saturday morning was very well managed. :thumbup:

The dinner at the Kinross was well organised, the staffing levels being adequate, and food of a good standard (although could have been more for the price). :huh:

The departure times on Saturday did present some difficulties for some NSW members, in particular those who were to be involved in the \"Book\" photo shoot (and the subsequent changes to that timetable), and others who had plans based on different timing of things, so most of us didn\'t make it to the \'PT run\'.... :(

The \'run\' to the show on Sunday morning was well organised and on time, and as Chief mentioned we were thanked by the marshals for the \'group arrival\'. :thumbup:

Show Day on Sunday was a great day, lots to see, great company, good ice cream :silly: and later in the day some fantastic bargains to be had!

Also a special thank you to Col for the great organisation of our run down, our involvement in the weekend, and the run back- detouring from the Hume to visit the Junee Chocolate Factory, viewing the sculpture of \"Rabbit\'s\", taking in some water views and great country side! :woohoo: :hello1:

Lastly, but definitely NOT least, a HUGE THANK YOU to Teena, Joan, & Anna for their fantastic efforts in catering for most us! WELL DONE ladies, thanks! :wav:

Congratulations to Dorothy, and Kim & Don on their respective trophies :cheers:

We hope that the three \'first timers\' with us also enjoyed it as much as we did, and we\'re already looking forward to next year :occasion5:

- Steve & Moni
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:Chryslers on the Murray 2012 Report 8 years 2 months ago #74299

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Steve (from SA) phonned me today indicating he & Krash(Rob) got back home ok (after 3pm on Monday) which wasnt bad going.
Thanks for letting me know Steve.
I always like to hear that everyone got back home safely.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Re:Chryslers on the Murray 2012 Report 8 years 2 months ago #74310

• dotspt
  • Platinum Member
  • pic taken at Rowville by Doti Photographics
I was back safe mid morning Monday .... but hit the ground running and then had QLD Pt visitors to the Hotel De RowVille!! had a great three days back to reality tonight . then SEA change tommorrow so all is as it should be ! full of adventures with the odd speed bump in between ! thanks once again every one ! Chief pics are GREAT covered the weekend very well great JOB !! RAY M and COlin also BUT.. I\'ll try to put up some of from a DOttie camera perspective !! :) and in order woudl be GOOD !!
Jeepstar waiting for the Merge at Wallan in lovely sunshine

Well we have ourselves a CONVOY !and the weather was threatening

quick coffee stop at Glewnrown .. walk around the Pts .. still no rain !

but here it comes just as we wer on the out skirts of Albury

Most of the NSW group were there already and eying off the NEW look BonnyB !

Sunset on the roof of Blkopl

night fall

Roll call saturday morning

stationary at the lights

registering PTS as far as I could see !

Judging they looked like they were taking the PTS SERIOUSLY INDEED

we went for a coffee & saw this Jeep out working !

back for a PT drop off and continue the day with XBONEZ well that was Plan A !

quick cruise back to swap meet to say hi to those that didn\'t go to judging

THE mud was AWESOME !!

I seemed to be hanging around the modern mopras this year !
.. nothing like my RED Cherokee but made me think of it ...

closest we got to see the NEW 300C

back later .. run out of desk top time .. for now !

Re:Chryslers on the Murray 2012 Report 8 years 2 months ago #74318

Well that was COTM for another year, the ground may have been a bit damp under foot but the atmosphere among the PT fraternity was glowing, how good was it for all the states to unite & enjoy each others company & show off our cars again.
Yes Chief i did have an early night on Friday must be getting old :ohmy: or something to do with a late night, early morning & a 11 hour drive
Excellent reports from all concerned you have covered the weekend perfectly.
Steve Drury
President
PT Cruiser Car Club SA
2005 GT Touring Electric Blue With a bit of Bling
  • Page:

Latest Forum Activity

06.jpg05.jpg07.jpg03.jpg09.jpg10.jpg11.jpg04.jpg01.jpg02.jpg