Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2018 Chryslers on The Murray - are you coming

2018 Chryslers on The Murray - are you coming 6 months 5 days ago #84206

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 48
Weather permitting I'm intending to come along for part of the Henk's Run Cruise only.
I'll try and get there for the start.
I'll notify if there are any changes.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2018 Chryslers on The Murray - are you coming 6 months 1 day ago #84221

• White Cruisn
Just reporting that those who were attending COTM got off ok though a little late due to a multi vehicle incident further down the road with a few kilometres of traffic waiting to pass it, so we all stayed put for a bit at the starting point.
A quite start with no real introductions of the day but all was eager to get going.
Basically the cruise to COTM as it has for many years has been named as "Henk's Run" named after the passing of Henk Heuving who was one of our founding members of the club and at the time of his passing Vice President. The run to COTM was always Henks favourite trip each year.
I did visit Luise Heuving (Our only Life Member of our club) during last week advising her of the annual run that was about to take place, discussing some of the clubs current status and direction and also sharing some past history and the clubs current status and there where some soft tears noted and expected.
This year I followed those travelling to COTM to as far as Goulburn where I turned around and solo cruised back home, being not able to attend the actual COTM event.
Our President Dennis Knighton also attended and participated in part of the journey south also solo cruising back home.
Our Vice President Chris Jazowy & Anna and Cruise Controller Michael Seamons & Karen and Assistant Cruise Controller Colin Lane & Joan along with other club members are attending the duration of the weekend.
All the cars flew the Heuvings colours of burgundy/ cranberry & gold ribbons on their car antenna's for the run south.
I transported the actually trophy and from after this weekend the Henks Memorial Trophy will be handed over to Luise to hold for the first time.
Luise informs me she is really looking forward to seeing the trophy again and at this point I and the Committee feel it's appropriate Luise holds the trophy now since more than 10 years has passed of Henks passing.
So, though Luise will be holding the trophy for now, the Run south will remain named as "Henks Run", but no trophy will be awarded to participants of COTM.
As from last year, the Committee felt it appropriate to have a "Club Member of the year" recognition which will be announced at the annual Christmas Parties.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 day ago by White Cruisn.

2018 Chryslers on The Murray - are you coming 6 months 1 day ago #84222

• White Cruisn
As most of our members are aware unfortunately we had a recent passing of yet another we'll valued and respected club member, John McMillan (Johnny Mac).
Johnny Mac was registered to attend this years COTM.
At our last Committee Meeting, Committee Member Ray Maher requested that those attending this years COTM place a little red reflective sticker representing John's Inferno Red car, on their windscreens in recognition of Johnny Mac.
The Committee obviously accepted Ray M's request and we thank Ray M for such a beautiful suggestion.
The reason of reflective was so if the sun hit it or even a light at night it would reflect and hopefully give you a smile when noticed.
The Committee felt that this would be endorsed just for this year since John was a registered participant to this years COTM.
Again, thank you Ray M for your suggestion.
Ironically Johnny Mac received our first Club Members recognition at last years Christmas Party and rightfully so.

- Ray
Ray Joyce

Last Edit: 6 months 1 day ago by White Cruisn.

2018 Chryslers on The Murray - are you coming 6 months 1 day ago #84224

• i2s2bme
  • Colin & Joan
  • Thank you received: 73
Other club members, who attended and have done for many years, Don and Kim.
Also Steve and Moni who have also attended and supported Henks Run in the past, and continue too.
Also joining us this year, minus their partners, were Steve Spires and Chris C-Dog who have also made the trip before.
All deserve a mention in regards to who completed Henks Run this year.

Also great to see a visit by Phil and Tonya today on their way through to Echuca.
Nothing has changed just the mode of transport

Big night tonight with all enjoying dinner together at the local tavern before the big show tomorrow.
BIG SHOW we are entrant #800 at 11:30am today.
With more expected to turnup on the day.
This could be the biggest yet and the weather is perfect.

Goodluck to our very own entrants in judging Don & Kim and Michael & Karen tomorrow
With 4 PTs entered in the judging, both stand a very good chance

And close to our hearts and very much on our minds. Who knows what would've happened if John Mac was here in his COTM winning Cabriolet, as well.

Woody's here too ;)
Colin & Joan

Web: www.ptcruisers.com.au/ptcdu-nsw

2018 Chryslers on The Murray - are you coming 6 months 23 hours ago #84225

• White Cruisn
Today is the day of the COTM Show and looking at the weather it looks like they will be experiencing weather similar to home and I'm sure it would feel even hotter having to be outside all day down there, so we wish everyone well.
At the show we have Chris & Anna in their Aqua Marine Cruiser, Michael & Karen in their Electric Blue Cruiser, Colin & Joan in their Black Cruiser, Don & Kim in their Silver Cruiser, Steve Spires in his Cool Vanilla Cabrio (accompanied by Chris C-dog) and Steve & Moni in their Steel Blue Cruiser.
Going by what I saw whilst travelling with these usual regular supporters of COTM all cars were already prepared well but I must say I was particularly impressed with the condition Steve & Moni have kept their daily drive considering it also carries over 400,000km. Well done to them.
Wishing everyone well for today and safe journeys back home and hopefully we'll get some reports by the end of the day.

- Ray
Ray Joyce

2018 Chryslers on The Murray - are you coming 6 months 23 hours ago #84226

• dennisk
  • Platinum Member
  • Dennis and Jan
  • Thank you received: 26
Have a great day guys .
The test run for our recently repaired Cruiser went well , and I turned off at Pheasants Nest , just as I caught up to Colin .
Enjoy the show and drive safely .
Looking forward to seeing some pictures .
Dennis Knighton
Mob: 0407 961 050
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - PRESIDENT & Uniforms/Merchandise

Jan K - Mob: 0408 118 549
2006 Route 66 Solar Yellow.
Sunroof, K & N Apollo hi flow induction kit.
01.jpg05.jpg06.jpg03.jpg07.jpg04.jpg02.jpg11.jpg09.jpg10.jpg