Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: June Long Weekend ~ Stockton Beach

June Long Weekend ~ Stockton Beach 6 months 4 days ago #84916

• i2s2bme
  • Colin & Joan
  • Thank you received: 77
Thanks to both Michael and Karen,they have both worked hard.
Agree, a big task, but i'm sure rewarding for them at the end of the day, as well.
Not everything went to plan, but that's usually how it goes.
Finding a balance for everyone is very hard and pretty much impossible.
The Clown night, 100% participation as you hope it too be.Well done.
You put your stamp on the weekend and did well.
To do it pretty much all on your own is a big task.

It was our first with no pressure or responsibility.
You both did very well.
Colin & Joan

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.ptcruisers.com.au/ptcdu-nsw
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
The administrator has disabled public write access.

June Long Weekend ~ Stockton Beach 6 months 4 days ago #84917

• i2s2bme
  • Colin & Joan
  • Thank you received: 77

Colin & Joan

UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.ptcruisers.com.au/ptcdu-nsw
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

June Long Weekend ~ Stockton Beach 6 months 3 days ago #84918

• dennisk
  • Platinum Member
  • Dennis and Jan
  • Thank you received: 33
Another great time spent with our Cruiser family .
An excellent attendance with I think 28 people including visitors , Geoff and Sue .
Seven Cruisers , one Mustang , One VW Polo , one XM Falcon , two caravans and two motor homes .How do you beat that ?
Thanks again to Michael and Karen for all their work behind the scenes , to try and keep everybody happy and entertained . Excellent costumes again and who could doubt Kim`s choice for her and Don .
I need to offer my apologies in relation to Friday nights dinner , as we obviously caught the kitchen in the process of a changeover, which related in some unsatisfactory meals .
Lesson learnt to do some better research next time .
Speaking of meals , what a great effort by the ladies again with an extraordinary array and volume of food again , it was excellent , thank you .
Sunday nights dinner was a little mixed up , with so many people to assist , some going to restaurants on the city side and others back to Stockton when we realised that it was so busy with Long Weekend functions.
Monday night was another story again with most of the remaining people opting for dinner at the Bowling club .Nothing happening here , with the Bistro closed as was every other one in Stockton , so we headed across on the ferry again to find mostly the same on the city side again.
We thought that the whole town had closed down ,even Harries Cafe de Wheels was closed , however we eventually found a feed at Hogs Breath after a ride on the light rail .Lots of nice food and as many laughs as possible , given what we had gone through to get there . I will leave the day trips to Michael to report on , however once again , it was great .
Dennis Knighton
Mob: 0407 961 050
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - PRESIDENT & Uniforms/Merchandise
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Jan K - Mob: 0408 118 549
2006 Route 66 Solar Yellow.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 days ago by dennisk.

June Long Weekend ~ Stockton Beach 5 months 4 weeks ago #84919

Thanks everyone for their support!

Thanks to Joan & Colin for all the photos!

Thanks to all the ladies for the terrific Saturday night dinner!!

Thanks to everybody participating in the Clown night ~ WELL DONE Kim & Done!

Fridays trip up was uneventful for all but Kathy & David who got stuck behind the M7 truck accident, for hours.
We were lucky enough to see 2 Cruisers on the way to Morpeth ~ they must have thought there was an invasion.

After a quiet stroll around and nice lunches at various locations we then progressed to Stockton.

A little quiet time. Then we meet for dinner at the RSL.
I had a nice chat with some of the locals about the footy and I admitted I was a Bunny who Newcastle had beaten while we had dinner.

Saturday. The Quad bikers had a good time on the Stockton Dunes and the ladies who caught the ferry across had a nice walk around Newcastle Central. About half of us then went to Medowie for lunch.

Again a little quiet time. Most meeting early for dinner at The Caravan Park where, as can be seen in the photos, we had a great time RELAXING.

Sunday. A quiet drive out of town to The Hunter Valley Zoo. What a great variety of Animals. Then again lunches at varied locations and safe trips home.

Again a little quiet time. Then most meeting for a ferry trip across to Newcastle for dinner.

Monday had some staying an extra day, some leaving early, some leaving eventually.

So I hope you all had a good time. Karen and I want to thank everybody for the fun we had on the break and we hope you did too!

June Long Weekend ~ Stockton Beach 5 months 4 weeks ago #84921

• dennisk
  • Platinum Member
  • Dennis and Jan
  • Thank you received: 33
Once again ,thanks to Michael and Karen for providing a great weekend for us .
It`s hard to keep so many people happy, as everyone has a different version of what we should be doing , however your planning allowed everyone an opportunity to enjoy themselves .
Even Monday night was fun , given that we had a hard time trying to find somewhere to eat !!
Fun all around .
Jan and I had a great weekend and got home safely on Tuesday, after clocking up 725 k`s .
Well done guys , thank you .
What are we going to do next year to beat that ?
Dennis Knighton
Mob: 0407 961 050
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - PRESIDENT & Uniforms/Merchandise
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Jan K - Mob: 0408 118 549
2006 Route 66 Solar Yellow.
09.jpg03.jpg10.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg01.jpg04.jpg02.jpg11.jpg