Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: EGR Hose Part

EGR Hose Part 8 years 2 months ago #75532

My fellow PT\'ers ..... the vacuum hose linking the EGR valve in the tappet cover to the inlet manifold serves to re-burn escaped exhaust gasses in the motor. All well and good but the hose on our 2001 2 litre manual has perished. I\'d like to replace it with new hose. I am interested in new as I expect second hand will be false economy. Chrysler parts were unable to identify the part number for this hose as it did not appear to be included on any of the exploded views on their parts gonkulator.

Can anyone assist with this hose or its part number??

Thanks. Harry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:EGR Hose Part 8 years 2 months ago #75534

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Harry I havent looked at mine to see if there is anything unusual about the vacuum hose ie a bend or tappered ends etc but if its just a straight hose you can get vacuum hose anywhere ie Repco or any normal Service Centres. They keep them in rolls und will cut off what length you need. Not expensive either.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
M: 0407 266 890
E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - TREASURER & Membership

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Re:EGR Hose Part 8 years 2 months ago #75537

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 48
Hi Harry,

I;ve already replied to your other post, and if it is the PCV valve hose that is faulty, genuine part number is - 04693206AB.

The PCV valve is on the gearbox side of the camshaft covers (rocker or tappet covers once upon a time). If it\'s the hose on the driver\'s side then it\'s the air make up hose, and it\'s part number is- 04693235AC.

Good luck.

- Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:EGR Hose Part 8 years 2 months ago #75548

Thanks Ray,

I hadn\'t considered the Repco option. The original hose does have a couple of complex bends in it but maybe a \"slack\" section of straight hose will perform the job without kinking. I\'ll give it a go...... if not The OEM option is $40.

Regards,
Harry

Re:EGR Hose Part 8 years 2 months ago #75549

Thanks Steve!

Regards,
Harry.

Re:EGR Hose Part 8 years 2 months ago #75552

I replaced my years ago with a flexable heater hose when I sold it,
it was still going strong.
Keith
PTCDU NSW Inc (1 of 4 Founding)
'06 Linen Gold Man Cabrio
'17 ISUZU MU-X
(The dream continues)

Ph: 0412 017 084
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
09.jpg11.jpg02.jpg05.jpg03.jpg10.jpg06.jpg01.jpg04.jpg07.jpg