Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Replacement Blinker/Lights Stalk

Re:Replacement Blinker/Lights Stalk 8 years 1 month ago #75792

• The Chief
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I\'ve had one replaced under warranty in our 02 and also had another one since then.
I noticed on the UK PT Cruiser website where some of them fix them themselves with a very small piece of plastic tubing somehow but it\'s a fiddly job and not sure how long it lasts. If I can find the link I\'ll put it on here
"Age doesn't weary us, it just makes us go cruisin more."

SOUTHERN CRUIZIN CHRYSLERS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Replacement Blinker/Lights Stalk 8 years 1 month ago #75801

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 48
Hi Wendy & Graham,

Nice to find you both still lurking around here :) and thanks for the input.

Wendy, I had thought of doing that, but my sausage fingers :laugh: .....

Chief, if you can get the info it would be great! Have had an answer from the supplier, he\'s (understandably) not too fussed because it\'s taken us so long to fit the part :( .

What\'s really weird is that he says he has had a couple of dodgy ones, but generally no complaints... I guess we just have to try and nut it out with him... To my mind (as strange as it may be to some :woohoo: ) if the switch is manufactured so that it has no provision for rear lights, why do they still work- just dodgy!!
Plus, why would you sell a part here that doesn\'t allow for rear fog lights, when every PT sold here had these fitted? And if you need to register a car that has come from another state that has this fitted- it will fail the VicRoads/RMS/and every other inspection- because it has a factory fitted light that does not function!!!

Anyhoooo, I\'ll try to pursue it further with the supplier, and if all else fails, PT Company U.K. sells the proper replacements for a pretty fair price.

- Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:Replacement Blinker/Lights Stalk 8 years 1 month ago #75808

• The Chief
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Steve can\'t access the topic on the UK site as I\'m not a paid member so looks like I will have to wait till someone over there has a problem again with it and once I see it I maybe able to do a little bit of background work to get the info. ;) ;) ;) ;)

They have that section on their website for all those sorts of things for info but we can\'t get into it.
"Age doesn't weary us, it just makes us go cruisin more."

SOUTHERN CRUIZIN CHRYSLERS

Re:Replacement Blinker/Lights Stalk 8 years 1 month ago #75811

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 48
The Chief wrote:
Steve can\'t access the topic on the UK site as I\'m not a paid member so looks like I will have to wait till someone over there has a problem again with it and once I see it I maybe able to do a little bit of background work to get the info. ;) ;) ;) ;)

They have that section on their website for all those sorts of things for info but we can\'t get into it.

Thanks Graham. Absolutely no rush, it\'s taken over 12 months to get this far, and I\'ve pulled the fuse for the moment (actually for the last 15 months B) ).
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser
  • Page:
10.jpg07.jpg05.jpg11.jpg01.jpg03.jpg09.jpg04.jpg06.jpg02.jpg