Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SA Club Visit Warrnambool

SA Club Visit Warrnambool 9 years 4 months ago #59518

Friday morning 29 May saw 13 eager PT owners decend on Tailem Bend ready to start our weekend cruise to Warrnambool,
with 3 cars already there our group of 16 cars & 32 members were set for an enjoyable time away.

With the goodie bags given out it was time for the group photo, into the cars & on the road,with 2 comfort stops on the way we reached Horsham

where we enjoyed a hearty lunch & listened to the many stories of couples debating the pros & cons of the travelling quiz we had been given to fill in on our morning trip.
With stomachs full & the cars refilled we regrouped & set off on the final leg enjoying the victorian country side.

Friday nights meal was held in the motel & this was to have an Australia theme with a great variety of Aussie theme
outfits being paraded on the night & once again the singing duo were in full voice.....

Saturday morning was free time to take in the sights with many choosing to visit the local Cheese World & Museum at Alansford

before meeting at the Flagstaff Hill Maratime Village for lunch & a tour of the village. If you wish to immerse yourself in the
past, the stories of seafarers, the tradition of pioneer communities & the crafts of superseded trades then this is a great place to visit.
Even the Mad Knitter was there, knitting as usual.

Saturday night we enjoyed a meal in the Flagstaff Hill restaurant before we were to take in the Villages lazer light & sound show
which unfortunately decided to not function that night.
Our accomodation for the weekend was the Warrnambool Gateway Motor Inn & Rod & his staff could not have made us more welcome
If you are travelling in the area this is a great place to stay.

Congratulations go out to our highly efficient Club Captain John & his wonderful wife Joanne for another excellent trip away, your attention to every detail &
planning are second to none, we are all looking forward to next years run.
Steve Drury
President
PT Cruiser Car Club SA
2005 GT Touring Electric Blue With a bit of Bling
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Steve Drury.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:SA Club Visit Warrnambool 9 years 4 months ago #59523

• GangsterGiz
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Excellent report and photos! Looks like a great time...

That last shot of all the cars in the motel carpark brings back memories of Apollo Bay hehe

Safe and Happy Cruising
Dean & Mitch
MY07 2008 Limited 2.4 Cabrio Red (purchased 2016)

[MY07 2008 Touring GT 2.4 Black (purchased 2015-traded 2016)]
[MY04 2004 Limited 2.0 Black (purchased New 2004-sold 2015)]

Re:SA Club Visit Warrnambool 9 years 4 months ago #59525

• The Chief
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Congrats to John & Joanne for your organization. Looks as though everything went to plan except for the laser show. As Steve said all are looking forward to next years run, who knows who might go on that one.
And a good area to visit. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Age doesn't weary us, it just makes us go cruisin more."

SOUTHERN CRUIZIN CHRYSLERS

Re:SA Club Visit Warrnambool 9 years 4 months ago #59539

Looks like you all had a great time.Thanks for sharing it with us all.Bet there is quite a few stories you havn\'t added Steve.
Wild Child (a.k.a Moonlight Express )
Cruizin Chryslers

Re:SA Club Visit Warrnambool 9 years 4 months ago #59541

As the old saying goes \"What happens on tour stays on tour\"
But watch this space ..........
Steve Drury
President
PT Cruiser Car Club SA

Re:SA Club Visit Warrnambool 9 years 4 months ago #59544

Last year while on our way to Apollo Bay I had a slight excursion off the road & at our annual show day I was presented with a grass cutting trophy, well my good friend \"Crash\" thought as we were on another overnighter it was time for a reminder of my indiscretion & duly presented me with a new model \'PT Lawn Cruiser\'

Thanks Crash, job well done another trophy for the pool room
Steve Drury
President
PT Cruiser Car Club SA
  • Page:
Moderators: Steve Drury
05.jpg01.jpg10.jpg07.jpg09.jpg03.jpg06.jpg02.jpg04.jpg11.jpg