Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Family Show Day 2010 10th Anniversary

Re:Family Show Day 2010 10th Anniversary 10 years 2 months ago #68394

Ok folks here is the much awaited report for our Show Day, apparently family birthdays & being totally stuffed after spending all day at the show is no excuse for a late report, so please accept my appologies & i promise to spend more time on the computer & not sleeping (ok Ray?) :(

We arrived at Wigley Reserve to be greeted with an absolutely perfect looking venue, clear blue skies & the promise of a perfect day.

With the help of Daryl,Rob B, Terry, Daniel & Krash we soon had gazebos city ereceted, the club shop set up & the grounds marked out for the car location, a few even had time to give their cars a final polish & touch up.

As per our past show days we gather our members at a location away from the show grounds & then partake in a PT Cruising Convoy to the grounds & just after 10am the sounds of musical airhorns, sirens & aoogah horns soon indicated that the convoy was upon us.

With all the goodies bag handed out & the cars parked in their allotted spots it was time for the owners to set & add the final details to the car & let the show begin.

The tradition welcome was given & then it was on to the travel(for our country members) & novelty (for indiscrections through the year) & Presidents Award (for Outstanding Service & Support to the Club)

Patricia & Dennis aka Palot Presidents Award

Joanne & Robs travel award

Lyn for leaving their food in a fridge in Tassie

Syle for leaving a phone charger in the motel in Broken Hill

Our treasurer got the Post Box award for not being able to find our PO Box

The first Lady the Lyric Award, for her rendition of Bohemia Raphosdy..ask the Chief for the video

Daryl for not heeding the funny sounds from his gearbox got The Gear award(& a $5000.00 bill)

Plus even I was on the receiving of a few, left a pillow in a motel & a few \"Stig\" driving awards for my recent race foray
Now it was time to check out the cars & display, spend time with friends, meet new members & generally enjoy our fellow PT owners.

Later in the afternoon the tradition novelty games were held, much to the amusement of all involved, & all to soon it was time to anounce the winners of the trophies & wrap up the day.

Once again our loyal supporters of our show days Shannons Insurance had the joy of announcing Rob aka Magnum as the winner of the Best Car Trophy

with Malcolm taking out 2nd best

& Rose & Leons convertible taking 3rd.

This year we awarded a variety of trophies as a reward for peoples effort.

Lyn & Bob for Best Interior

Syle & Bob for Best Detailed

Jenny & Ian for Most Original

Krash for Best Parcel Shelf & Best Display
plus Magnum for Best Engine Bay & Malcolm for Most Accessorised

As we packed up our thought were already turning to next years show & the excitment of having all our fellow Interstate PT owners in attendance
Steve Drury
President
PT Cruiser Car Club SA
2005 GT Touring Electric Blue With a bit of Bling
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Family Show Day 2010 10th Anniversary 10 years 2 months ago #68399

Thanks for the report & pic\'s Steve.Looking forward to catching up in a couple weeks.
Wild Child (a.k.a Moonlight Express )
Cruizin Chryslers

Re:Family Show Day 2010 10th Anniversary 10 years 2 months ago #68400

• The Chief
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Well done all.
Steve let me know if anyone wants copies of the video and I\'ll gladly do some more.
I hope everyone on the Tassie trip got a copy :unsure: :unsure:

Steve did you make sure of that? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I heard that your past secretary organised free copies for all vehicles that went on the trip.

Looks like it was a nice day for the show.
"Age doesn't weary us, it just makes us go cruisin more."

SOUTHERN CRUIZIN CHRYSLERS

Re:Family Show Day 2010 10th Anniversary 10 years 2 months ago #68402

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 56
Steve what kept yu man...I spoke to you a few hours ago...lol.
Thanks for the phone calls earlier today, kind made my day talking to a fellow PTer from so far away while on the run.
Have to say Congratulations SA friends on a good role up. The cars look great...I hope you guys dont mine us roling up next year with kanagroos attached to the front of our cars looking like Mad Max vehicles :unsure:
Looked a very nice setting there. Nice to see some familiar faces and the new ones as well.
Thanks again on the report Steve we are always interested on what is happening on the other side of the fence.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
M: 0407 266 890
E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - TREASURER & Membership

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Re:Family Show Day 2010 10th Anniversary 10 years 2 months ago #68405

• dotspt
  • Platinum Member
  • pic taken at Rowville by Doti Photographics
great report ... looks like u ALL had a fab day ... LOVE the awards & the smiles!! .. a LOT of time and effort goes into organising and DOING such a cruise .. well DONE !! ... & thanks for sharing !!

• Page:
Moderators: Steve Drury

Latest Forum Activity

• No posts to display.
09.jpg01.jpg10.jpg03.jpg06.jpg05.jpg04.jpg02.jpg11.jpg07.jpg