Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sway bars {revisited}

Sway bars {revisited} 9 years 4 months ago #70537

• Eno The Wonderdog
Ok I\'ve got the \'06 Cruiser which i understand came without sway bars.

At the moment I consider the car to wallow like a hippo in a mudbath through the twisty bits & I\'m trying to determine whether I need to get some installed - or if I should tattoo \"There\'s a reason it\'s called a cruiser\" onto the inside of my eyelids.

I\'m not planning on lowering the car as I think I like the look and really don\'t want to compromise clearance up here. I come across fallen lumps of tree far to often to mess about with that.

Anyone got an opinion?? :P

Cheers,

David.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Sway bars {revisited} 9 years 4 months ago #70545

• Magpie
  • Elite Member
I would recomend you go and have a talk to Sam at Mopar Motors in Thomastown,re Seats,Spats and Swaybars etc..I am pretty sure he has spats in stock and he has a few wrecks there that he has or is stripping..

It might be worth you getting in touch with Geoff.( Route66 )..He has just taken Spats off one car. he may be going to put them on the other car..But it would be worth asking..

Re:Sway bars {revisited} 9 years 4 months ago #70558

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 48
Good advice there Magpie...

Strut bars (available at the best prices around from Aquaman) also help heaps...

- Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:Sway bars {revisited} 9 years 4 months ago #70562

• Magpie
  • Elite Member
Strut Bars not to be confused with Sway bars...( strut bars look all shiny and pretty ) :laugh:

Re:Sway bars {revisited} 9 years 4 months ago #70609

• QuicksilverDon
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2
You have a front sway (or anti-roll) bar, it was the rear one that got dropped.

I added a rear bar and also lowered just the rear, and both helped, and now with Michelin tyres, I handle curves very well, indeed.
Silver \'05 Limited w/turbo auto, sunroof; K&N FIPK, BTG Dual exhaust, E&G grill, lowered rear 1.5\", LED washer lights, catch can, Aoogah horn, sunroof deflector, hood struts, 7/8\" rear sway bar,...
traded in Silver 2002 Touring Edition w/87,000 + miles

Re:Sway bars {revisited} 9 years 4 months ago #70612

• dotspt
  • Platinum Member
  • pic taken at Rowville by Doti Photographics
thanks for your as always very informative info MR quick silver don .. I notice the difference between our two ... one lowered at back the other not ... wondered if just the bars on back keeping same hieght would make a difference ... I need the height as he does a (heavy) freight run nearly every weekend .. hey that means he is lowered any how !! hey I had better get soem rear bars !

11.jpg02.jpg03.jpg06.jpg01.jpg09.jpg05.jpg10.jpg04.jpg07.jpg