Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: '09 PT Cruiser Special ed Hatchback [Black]

'09 PT Cruiser Special ed Hatchback [Black] 10 months 1 week ago #83463

Hi all,

We've been proud & happy owners of our black 2009 PT Cruiser, but at the moment it is at the mechanics, and there is a chance that the head gasket is blown. We haven't gotten a quote back from them as to what it would cost to get repaired, but I suspect it might be more than we are willing to pay at this point.
That said, the car is in otherwise great condition cosmetically internally and externally, and has had its regular services and work done on it.
I'm up in Brisbane, and keen to find someone who'd take it for a fair price. Someone who would either want to do the work themselves, or would be happy to buy it as is.

Thoughts? Cheers Joel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'09 PT Cruiser Special ed Hatchback [Black] 10 months 1 week ago #83464

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 41
Maybe contact Loxy at Bleam Chrysler Chrome on the Gold Coast. He could also give you a rough quote and or supply parts.
www.bleam.com.au

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

'09 PT Cruiser Special ed Hatchback [Black] 10 months 1 week ago #83465

Thanks Ray for your quick reply. Gave him a call, and so far it sounds like the best option.
I take it those cheap $100 fix-it-in-a-bottle are not recommended?

www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Rislon...0752#Recommendations

'09 PT Cruiser Special ed Hatchback [Black] 10 months 1 week ago #83466

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 41
Don't know that product...but it does say "permanent head gasket FIX"
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by White Cruisn.

'09 PT Cruiser Special ed Hatchback [Black] 10 months 1 week ago #83475

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 47
The fine print from that link-

"Whilst this product is designed to repair minor issues, it may not be a suitable repair method for moderate or large issues, and may cause further problems in some circumstances. Before use, if you are unsure please check with your mechanic to ensure that this product provides a suitable repair for your issue."

And further, from the product reviews section-
"23/11/2013
Don't waste your money
Overall
I just bought this product and it is very expensive $70 ( was on discount for $4*), I thought it is a good product and wanted to give it a try, so my sincere advice to everyone is don't waste your money. Why? because this product is exactly is the same as the radiator stop leak "Rislone Liquid Copper Block Seal - 510g by the same company which is just ~$22". They just put it in a non-transparent bottle so customers will think they are different and buy it, but after opening the bottle, they are identical and from the company website, the chemical components of the two products are the same. Importantly, their liquid copper stop leak ruined a brand new water bump in my wife mazda 626, year 2000, and my mazda 626 1999 (twice) and in 2002 my beloved Ford Telstar Tx5 overheated because it clogged the radiator. I didn't know what was going on until I opened this Rislone Head Gasket Fix and noticed it is the same product that ruined my cars. I hope supercheapauto, if they are honest, to allow this review. II'd apprecite if I can get a reply from supercheap and Rislone."

TRANSLATION- it will clog the water jackets, the radiator galleys, and who knows what will happen if it transfers from the coolant system into the oil galleys!!!

There is no such thing as a "quick fix" (unfortunately), particularly for any engine with an alloy head,
also, PTs are known to warp heads relatively often; so in addition to a head gasket machining will probably be needed.
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by PTmunji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: i2s2bme

'09 PT Cruiser Special ed Hatchback [Black] 9 months 4 weeks ago #83502

Hi.

Just wanted to say I've put the car up for sale on gumtree, in case any fellow PT owners are seeking a beautiful car, with a blown head gasket.

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/highgate-hill/ca...pt-cruiser-hatchback
04.jpg01.jpg02.jpg11.jpg06.jpg09.jpg05.jpg07.jpg03.jpg10.jpg