Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Whitewalls and Shiny Hubcaps

Re:Whitewalls and Shiny Hubcaps 8 years 10 months ago #70552

Losted one moonie and four whitewall flapper in 10yrs the wheel
are widen 7\"x15\" and I also have them fitted to the standard cabrio 16\"
rims.
You hit pot hole it will affect the hub caps but more so the flapper.
Pete\'s tread flappers are no good the Atlas flappers are good DO NOT fit
to new tyres as new tyres bleed oil residue.
It took me months to work out how to fit them to stay on but once again
miss pot hole, gutters and crappy gutter driveways.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Keith
PTCDU NSW Inc (1 of 4 Founding)
'06 Linen Gold Man Cabrio
'17 ISUZU MU-X
(The dream continues)

Ph: 0412 017 084
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Whitewalls and Shiny Hubcaps 8 years 9 months ago #70694

• Eno The Wonderdog
The red wheel and whitewall as per blue Diamond\'s first picture was the look I was originally thinking of there.

Endless - Pete\'s flappers and Atlas flappers? I\'m missing something. Which were the one\'s I\'d seen? 5 bits in 10 years isn\'t too awful though. Seems good odds. Having ridden a bike in my younger days I tend not to be caught out by potholes that often.. all those cuts and bruises were good for something it seems!

The wheel on the red (ish) car with Spats seem to warm the cockles though. I\'m thinking some pinstriping (and flames perhaps) and saw some sexy red lower body striping that would pick up well with wheels like that if I go for the red lower stripe. The snicker of red round the chrome dome thing is very cool.

Damn it\'s all too hard isn\'t it? Thanks for all the photos and inoformation folks. Fun looking at your toys as I work up the guts to do mine {ok hand the invoices to \"The Boss\"!}

I think the pretty red one has running boards too yeah? Those could well become necessary.. :blush:

Re:Whitewalls and Shiny Hubcaps 8 years 9 months ago #70706

• The Chief
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey Eno the best way around it is put one of each on :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;) :woohoo: :woohoo: and that way you\'ll have a mixed variety and something different.

Seriously, perhaps the best way to decide is if you can go to a couple of car shows and actually look at these things in 3D. It gives you a better outlook on what you want.
Our 02 has taken 8 1/2 years to get to what it is today so there\'s no need to rush in case you think you\'ve made the wrong choice at the time.
"Age doesn't weary us, it just makes us go cruisin more."

SOUTHERN CRUIZIN CHRYSLERS

Re:Whitewalls and Shiny Hubcaps 8 years 6 months ago #71964

• glenn
I lost a moon hubcap driving back to work last friday... Heard a \"ting ting ting\" noise and looked in my drivers side rearview to see my cap rolling down the road before disappearing under a truck.

I now have 3 moons and a pizza tray. Ive thrown on some el cheapo wheel covers from super cheap while I wait on a replacement cap from the states. I didnt want to drive around with exposed nuts in this weather.

That said, I do really like the smoothie rims, chrome trim ring and baby moons. They scream \"old school\" to me. What brand are the smoothie rims guys?

Re:Whitewalls and Shiny Hubcaps 8 years 6 months ago #71985

Not sure on the brand of the rims but mine are classed as \'06 Series\'.
Purchased my rims direct from Wheels Vintique Inc in US but there will be local suppliers who have them.
You could try John Cain in Sydney or Antique Tyres in Victoria.
\"Diamonds are only one of a girl\'s best friends!\"
Kerryn
Electric Blue Classic
Turbo, Conty Wheel, Running Boards, White Walls / Chrome Smoothies.

Re:Whitewalls and Shiny Hubcaps 8 years 6 months ago #71987

• glenn
Those chrome smoothies really look sweet Diamond. Thanks for the info. We have an Antique Tyres store over here in Perth. I\'ll give them a call.
  • Page:

Latest Forum Activity

• No posts to display.
05.jpg11.jpg10.jpg01.jpg04.jpg02.jpg06.jpg09.jpg03.jpg07.jpg